My children like to make fun of me because I am a clean freak.
I believe that living in a clean home allows for better air quality, a more organized and stress-free home as well. I was brought up the same way as my parents told me to always keep my room clean and I always had to help with cleaning the house on the weekends. I’m trying to teach my children the same and relaying the message that a clean home can minimize allergens and illnesses. We do have a dog and sometimes she does stink so we try to at least bathe her every few weeks. The other day she came into my home and something smelt really bad. It wasn’t from our dog, and it wasn’t from a dirty home. It was an electrical smell. I went to my HVAC system because the smell was originating from there. It’s not like it was my blower motor and it didn’t even sound like it was running. I thought this was a very serious issue and so I called my HVAC technician immediately incase something electrical would catch on fire. The HVAC technician arrived to my home and opened up the door of the blower motor. The bearings of the blower motor seized up causing it to make an electrical smell. He also checked all the electrical wiring to make sure that there was no loose electrical connections. Luckily there wasn’t so this made the HVAC technician’s job a little easier. After some tinkering on the barings and blower motor, my HVAC system was good as new again.